Are you in the COVID-19 at-risk category? You are, if you have:
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Underlying Medical Condition
One of those underlying medical conditions that puts people at risk for viral infections is called Metabolic Syndrome, also known as Syndrome X, Dysmetabolic Syndrome, or Insulin Resistance. This condition is a precursor to diabetes. 70 to 80% of those who have this condition die of cardiovascular disease. And the more relevant and immediate concern is that those who have this condition have their immunity compromised.
In other words, they are more vulnerable to experiencing a negative outcome if they contract COVID-19.
What is the prevalence rate of Metabolic Syndrome? Half of the Adults in the U.S. have diabetes or pre-diabetes which is Metabolic Syndrome - Forbes, Sep 8, 2015.
Are you one of them? Get a biometric screening and find out. Most are not aware that they are in this condition. The presence of any three or more of the following puts you in that category of pre-diabetes or Metabolic Syndrome:
1. Obesity: Men who have a waistline 40 inches or greater, measured right above the hipbones/across the bellybutton. And for women it is 35 inches or greater.
2. Fasting blood sugar greater than 100 (or on medication for blood sugar control).
3. Blood pressure greater than 135/85 (or on medication for blood pressure).
4. Triglycerides greater than 150.
5. HDL less than 40 for men and less than 45 for women (or on medication to control cholesterol).
If you have three or more of these markers, you are at greater risk of experiencing serious consequences if you contract COVID-19. The good news is that most of these markers are reversible. If you implement the Immunity Enhanced lifestyle presented in Ministry of Healing, you may transition out of the at-risk category.